Review: Rogue Rider


Rogue Rider
Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book reminds me again why I adore Larissa Ione. This fourth book is a winner for me. Reseph is one of the four horsemen who became Pestilence. I fell in love with Reseph. He's a tortured soul. Jillian is the perfect woman for her. She's a woman who is still shell-shocked from her encountered with the demons.

The conflict in this story was both believable and heart breaking. To redeem a villain so evil that his entire family would turn on him is not an easy task. Larissa Ione did an amazing job of making something impossible, completely credible.

This world is amazing. It's complex and it's filled with lovely creatures, demons and angels. The twists and turns in this story kept my mind actively engaged. The little hints dropped here and there helped to guess the outcome, but it wasn't exactly the way I thought it would be.

The characters in this book are engaging for me because they are strong survivors. Bad things happened and rather than crumble and blame others, they found ways to deal with it. Reseph did need a quick kick to his ass in order to move forward, but he grew and became a better person. This kind of story appeals to me. The interweaving of family ties as well as loyalty from friends all help enrich this tale.

My only regret for this book was taking so long until I read it. This book is highly recommended for paranormal romance lovers who want a happily ever after for the anti-hero.

* provided by netgalley *



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts