Review: Cataclysmic Shift


Cataclysmic Shift
Cataclysmic Shift by Tara Lain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

Shifters and witches and humans all fight together for love.

Aloysius is a cat who also happens to magnify the strength of one of the most powerful witches in the world. Unfortunately, after being attacked, he becomes a human with no memory of who or what he is except his name--Alain. Luke Elliott is a veterinarian with a secret past, who prefers animals to humans until he discovers Alain. They quickly fall in love, but must determine if they can live with each other's pasts and futures.

Aloysius/Alain is endearing as both a cat and a man. Luke is a pretty lonely person who thinks he can spend the rest of his life just taking care of the animals and avoiding his past. As soon as these two meet, they both seem to agree that they were meant for each other. It was a little awkward listening to Alain make cat noises and watching him clean himself while he was in human form. The sex wasn't really kinky, but some of their discussions around it were a bit strange to a certain extent. The story moved quickly while alternating between the action, sex, and friendship scenes. I liked how the author managed to weave Luke's interesting background into the activities taking place surrounding the witches and their struggle for power.

I didn't read the first two stories in this series, and I think it would have made it more enjoyable if I had. Characters from the earlier story played a pivotal role in this book, and since I really enjoyed seeing them, I'm sure I would have loved them even more if I knew their history. Overall, I enjoyed this fast-paced story with a sweet romance and plenty of suspenseful action scenes.


View all my reviews

     

   

      Cataclysmic Shift (The Aloysius Tales, #3)
   

 

 
 
    

Comments

Popular Posts