Review: The Warlord's Comeuppance


The Warlord's Comeuppance
The Warlord's Comeuppance by Gail Koger

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Zarek is a male I'd probably not want to confront. However, in book two, he's not as scary alpha male so I can understand why Detja is a bit irreverent with him. This story is a fast and easy read. I found Detja to be kind of homicidal female. I like this about her. It's all kill, blow up and kill.

This story is not as jam packed as the first story, but it's still fast paced. Detja tends to bring the worst out of males. They want to kill her. Well, actually, they want to either fuck her or kill her. If they can't do one, then they do the other. The sex in this story is not as prevalent and it's fine. I do enjoy the ghost hands. Phantom sex is awesome. Although I recommend Zarek to spend more time smacking Detja's ass both from his ghost and real hands. She needs it.

While I understood Detja, she didn't do much for me. Her hacking skills were a fun touch as were her demolition skills. Her adoptive father is interesting. I wish we could learn more about him and his species. His rebirth opens up many questions which are not answered. Perhaps in book four, we'll learn more about him and his act of betrayal.

This book is filled with a sassy sexpot driving males bonkers. It's a good thing there are so few females in this world. If there were more like Detja, it could spell disaster. Recommended for space opera lovers who love irreverent fearless females.

*I received this book as a gift from the author.


View all my reviews

     

   

      The Warlord's Comeuppance (Coletti Warlords #2)
   

 

 
 
    

Comments

Popular Posts