Review: Making Over Maris


Making Over Maris
Making Over Maris by Sabrina York

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

This is how femdom can be sweet and steamy hawt!

In this third book in the Wired series, another geek bites the dust! I've been waiting for this story to come out. The reason why? I wanted Jack who is such a jerk in the first two books to receive his comeuppance. I bitched about him to Ms York and repeatedly suggested that instead of being a dominant like the other two in this series, Jack the techno geek should be a submissive to a dominant female. I also wanted him to get his ass reamed out hard! Pegging, dub-con, breaking Jack down so he's a sniveling pussy were included in my request. When Ms York agreed to consider writing about Jack, she did say he would be a submissive and whimpering. Rubbing my hands with glee, I eagerly awaited the spanking Jack deserved.

Colour me completely shocked when I read the book. Instead of a dark tale of forced submission, Ms York creates a beautifully romantic tale about friends turning into lovers. When we learn more about Jack, it adds to his depth. From a character building perspective, Ms York does an amazing job. Usually, the leading male love interest is a "hero" with a small flaw which only the woman who loves him can "fix". I frequently roll my eyes at this abused trope.

Ms York turns this upside down because everything about Jack comes across as flawed. It's not just his looks. He is rude, crude and clueless. His makeover "My Fair Lady" style is very well done. Ms York captures the confused male who doesn't understand the female species. In addition, we learn why Jack is the way he is and it's a bit heartbreaking. In Jack, we see not an ugly duckling transformation. What we see is the heart of gold hidden behind a prickly wall.

From a femdom perspective, Sara is awesome. She's a more realistic portrayal of a woman with sexual dominant tendencies in a world where it's more socially acceptable for a man to be the sexual aggressor. The heartbreaks she's experienced when males reject her proclivities will make a reader wince. It doesn't matter, female or male, rejection is rejection. It still cuts to the quick. Sara leading Jack into the world of femdom is steamy hawt. The BDSM in this story is just right and perfect for those who want to take a dip into the fun world of femdom.

This story is more than just erotic sex and a Cinderella make-over. It is about friendship bonds which strengthens and morphs into a sensual loving binding. The added humor with process flows and geek speak only appeals to my inner geek. Ms York exceeds my expectations in this sweet erotic romance. She ran with it in a manner that is better than I could have imagined. This is my favorite book of hers, which is odd since Jack was previously my most loathed character in her books. I love having things turned completely 180 degrees on me.

This is an entertaining book which will captive the reader and force them to read it one sitting. This kinky romance is highly recommended to beginning femdom lovers.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts