Review: Unfair Advantage


Unfair Advantage
Unfair Advantage by Qwillia Rain

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Why exactly did I wait so long to read this book? I finally picked it up and devoured it. Ms. Rain writes a delightful book with a good plot and sexy BDSM. This is a 3.5 star and great for Gateway to BDSM.

Mattie is an executive assistant to Bryce Halsey. In love with him for a while, circumstances forces them to marry. Is it really forcing when Bryce wants her and Mattie loves him? There are a few emotional conflicts which made me wince. I can appreciate Mattie's fear even if it is a bit unfounded. Even though these are high powered executives, it's still pretty realistic.

Ms. Rain creates characters who are human. They have baggage and flaws but it isn't annoying. Nor is it overly dramatic. What is a bit dramatic is the BDSM club in this story. It's a fantasy come true. I love these clubs to fantasize about. In reality, I've never been to one like this, but it could just be the places I've lived. I need to go out and explore more.

The BDSM in the story is sensual and very erotic. The menage which did go a bit sideways is also smoking hawt. If you want a primer before getting a little loving, this book will bring your pot from a simmer to a good rolling boil. While there is a fancy club which can be considered GlitterKink, the equipment and tools are all very plausible. There is nothing complicated which makes this story easy to follow.

Ms. Rain does a good job of story development. What is frustrating are a few hidden agendas. It makes me wonder if I missed a previous book. Since there are books following this one, I'm now hooked and want to read all of them. Recommended to maledom lovers who love friends to lover mixed with boss and subordinate themes.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts