Review: The Professional: Part 3

The Professional: Part 3 (The Game Maker, #1.3)The Professional: Part 3 by Kresley Cole

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Now this is a delightful BDSM fantasy.  Natalie pushed Sevastyan hard and now he lets out his sexual deviant self.  This story once again doesn't move the plot much.  I enjoyed it though because I do love a bit of Glitterkink when I can find a good one. 

This is classified as Glitterkink because not only is Sevastyan rich, he has a membership of sorts to a decadent underground sex club in Paris.  If this club truly existed, I would never be granted entry in.  It is way too rich for my blood.  It's still a delightful fantasy.  The masks, the orgy of bodies writhing in pain and pleasure, all very "Eyes Wide Open", non? 

Let's be clear here.  The BDSM in this story is a pure fantasy.  It's what kinky readers get off on.  Are some of these scenes possible?  Yes.  Is this a BDSM realistic?  Yes and no.  Here's the reason why.  The physical actions of the BDSM are captured quite well.  Are there vacuum beds to restrain people?  Yes.  Are there chains used to hold a person in place?  Yes.  Are there threesome where a woman is riding a guy's face while he's being fucked hard by a guy from behind?  Hell yes!  From a sex scene perspective, Ms. Cole definitely upped the ante and it is panty wetting goodness!  Good lord have mercy on my soul.  I'm aroused just recalling these tantalizing tidbits.  As a voyeur, both Natalie and I are in heaven, drinking in every little detail and wanting more. 

From a D/s perspective, this is not what those in the lifestyle consider healthy.  This is speculation on my part so bear with me.  It appears Ms. Cole did her research into BDSM.  The actions and combinations are all technically correct.  The aftercare scenes are also technically correct if a bit fantastical.  The exchange of erotic power for a D/s relationship to work is missing.  It is clear Ms. Cole tried to get it working through the constant harping of trust from Natalie.  Either Ms. Cole is struggling with putting it on paper right or she's still missing the point a bit.  I give her an A for effort though.  If I had read this book prior to my BDSM experiences and subbing for a dominant, I wouldn't have caught the nuances.  Sevastyan is no dominant I would cede power to in a submission.  Would I bottom for him?  Hell yes.  I would never trust him and his behaviour with Natalie is hitting all my red alert warning as an unstable and untrustworthy dominant.  Still, from a fantasy perspective, this book is hot.  And this is why I gave it a 3.5 star even if the storyline is so weak and the D/s dynamic is all sorts of messed up.

I'm not sure what the point of this three part series is, other than a sexual awakening for Natalie.  If the search for her biological parents, becoming a mafia princess are all just window dressing for her to get decadently debauched, then this story totally hit its mark.  This last installment is recommended for kinky readers who love their GlitterKink with smoking hawt sex.

*provided by NetGalley



View all my reviews
     

   

      The Professional: Part 3 (The Game Maker, #1.3)
   

 

 
 
   

Comments

Popular Posts