Review: Black Arts


Black Arts
Black Arts by Faith Hunter

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Just when I thought Leo couldn't be more manipulative, I'm wrong. Jane is in for a wild ride. What is great about this story is her final acceptance of her other half - Beast. What Jane learns about herself and how she fits into the world from Angie is refreshing too. What is very frustrating is Rick.

Why does she keep wanting him? He's no good for her. He's a cheating cat on a hot tin roof. He constantly disappoints me and I want him out of the picture for good.

Leo certainly plays the long con. On top of it, Bruiser seems to be just a pawn to be cast aside. I still love the sexual tension between the Jane and Leo. I also adore how Leo makes Beast purr and roll over. The constant sexual tension in these books is probably what keeps me reading them. I keep hoping Jane will submit to both Bruiser and Leo at the same time.

The vampire politics in this story is still fine for me. I enjoy how the witches are involved and what happens to Molly and Big Evan. Highlighting Molly's situation and drawing parallels to Jane is well done. I'm still not seeing how this series will end in a happily ever after. It seems there are so many things working against Jane. There are also serious problems for Molly's family and her kids. It keeps a reader on edge and hoping for the best. I can't wait to read the next book. Recommended for Urban Fantasy lovers who enjoy deferred gratification.

View all my reviews
     

   

      Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
   

 

 
 
    

Comments

Popular Posts