Review: The Sapphire Dragon


The Sapphire Dragon
The Sapphire Dragon by Tianna Xander

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



The Romance Review

Powerful dragons and out of control witches make a volatile mix. Ms. Xander pens lovely dragon paranormal stories. Her Project Dare series is fabulous and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Dragon Bound series, however, is not working for me. It's difficult to write this review because the writing is well done, but I just couldn't stand the main character.

Daisy is a witch with more power than any of her sisters. She's seen how happy her sisters are to mated dragons, yet she doesn't want to have anything to do with a dragon, even if he's her perfect mate.

Ms. Xander did an excellent job of creating a selfish and shallow coward. Daisy is afraid of her powers and hides from it. She is also a racist against dragons. One could say that it's a person's personal preference. However, I counter it with, she won't even get to know a person because of what they are so that does make her blindly judgmental. In addition, after she learns more about this lovely Sapphire dragon, Jarrod, she finds she wants him badly. Yet the minute she finds out he isn't a human, she treats him horribly.

The conflict in this story is as expected and moves quickly. The resolution to the conflict is predictable and works. Ms. Xander is too kind and gives dumbass Daisy a happily ever after. She doesn't deserve it. Jarrod is being punished for the rest of his life with a terrible mate. I feel bad for him. Too bad a better sister isn't matched up with him. Because of my loathing for Daisy, this story was difficult to read. If I can't find anything I like about a character, the rating tends to be lower. This paranormal romance is recommended to dragon lovers.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts