Review: Broken Dolls


Broken Dolls
Broken Dolls by Kitty Thomas

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This can be read as a standalone. This is a WTF book. It wraps up too fast with no real resolution. I guess this is why life is so messy. Brian is the villain from the loosely tied first book, Guilty Pleasures. I didn't like him in that book. Although truth be told I didn't like Vivian either. Her cameo appearance in this book didn't impress me that much either.

The concept of this book is sound. I liked Brian quite a bit after reading this book. It gives me a new perspective of him. Mina who is the broken doll...I didn't feel anything for because I'm not interested in broken dolls. She does seem to broken to be fixed unless she wants to fix herself. She is pretty helpless and I guess it's why males torture and abuse her. She lets it happen.

This exclusive club seems as if it is going down a shit hole. The owners have lost control and the inmate are running the asylum. There are so many business things wrong with this story, it was frustrating. There is little BDSM in here other than used to prove a point that Brian is a fucked up asshole and really shouldn't be into BDSM. The blasé manner for killing people is rather disturbing yet oddly satisfying. I say this because in a fantasy world, people who are so damn annoying or a threat, killing them off is rather soothing.

It would be nice if the book club wasn't filled with princesses and cunts. It's be nice if this club wasn't so paradoxically. Why do I say this? Because the owner will assess a female for being trained and auctioned off, yet for some reason, they keep letting in bad eggs which need to be disciplined to scarification or killed off. WTF? Either these guys are terrible at assessing submissives or this is a contrived plot device which doesn't make sense to me. Still, I enjoyed the story because of Brian. Everyone else can burn in hell.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts