Review: Mistress on Her Knees


Mistress on Her Knees
Mistress on Her Knees by Anastasia Vitsky

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This book was a hot mess for me. Ever feel as if your fur is rubbed the wrong way? This book rubbed my Domme fur completely wrong. I don't know what happened here and I'm frankly disappointed. Review based on the BDSM Review rating will be posted below because it is going to be differently rated than how it is on GR. This book was just okay for me.

Sting (Kink) Rating:★★★✰✰
Story Review Rating: 3 Paddles


Rating Explanation

5 stars – The BDSM sex scenes are memorable and phenomenal.
4 stars – The BDSM scenes are done very well.
3 stars – The BDSM scenes are mediocre. May or may not contain some minor flaws.
2 stars – The BDSM were light and just kinky.
1 star – Where was the BDSM scenes? Non-existent

5 paddles - Gripping and un-putdownable. Has a place on my keeper shelf. Great chance of re-reading.
4 paddles - Excellent. Highly enjoyable and well-written. But may not be keepers
3 paddles - Average. May or may not contain some minor flaws.
2 paddles - Contains major flaws and needs improvement.
1 paddle - Not enjoyable and wouldn't recommend.


Domme with a female submissive plus ageplay is definitely a desirable kinky book to read. Full disclosure, this is a spinoff of another series which I did not read. This may be the reason for my confusion experienced whilst reading. Trinity is in need of help from another professional dominant. Unfortunately, this dominant is her ex-lover and former dominant, Graciela.

This story flips back and forth between the two time periods, when Trinity and Graciela become lovers and today's current situation. There is still a festering wound between the two women because of a betrayal by Trinity. This betrayal is oft mentioned and only fully explained near the end. If this breach in trust showed up earlier in the story, it would help paint a better picture. The flipping between the two timelines can be a bit disorienting because the clips are so short. The story comes across as a patchwork quilt instead of a smooth transition to show a cohesive timeline. Still, it's not difficult to follow, just a bumpy read.

Trinity and Graciela are characters which I did not like - at all. I felt no chemistry between the two in this story. The two don't seem compatible with no mutual interests and total lack of understanding each other. Trinity appears to need mental help for her childhood abuses. Trinity as a professional domme requires me to suspend my disbelief. There is nothing in this book which lends any type of evidence she is a dominant. She possess no control over herself and she's a hot mess. The book briefly mentions her training under Graciela but I must have blinked and missed that passage. Because if the training is just based on Trinity playacting as Graciela's bratty submissive, then this is a travesty.

The BDSM in this book is not something I would recognize in real life and I'm not even quite sure how to explain what happened in this book. Apparently Trinity wanted Graciela's love so she forces Graciela to take her on as a submissive. Yet Trinity doesn't like the concept of obey and doesn't want to really follow instructions. There is no erotic power exchange in this story from what I can tell. The rules of what a submissive should do with their dominant is unclear. The forcing discipline of some mistake which is not apparent to the reader makes it difficult to grasp why this is a big deal and why being caned is such a problem. Furthermore, a romantic story which purposely violates a bottom's hard limits is a heinous act and not something I can condone. If this story is a BDSM non-con sexual slavery fantasy, then forcing Trinity into ageplay is not only okay, but extremely hot. Forcing a Trinity who is still psychologically fucked up by the emotional and physical abuse from her mother to become a little and call Graciela "Mama" is not okay. Purposely pushing a "button" for a trigger even to occur leaves me speechless. In fact, that one point made me lose all respect for Graciela and consider her a sexual predator who should be jailed for rape. Graciela comes across as a self-righteous bitch who knows the "one true way". I have never interacted with any BDSM people in real life who would find this brand of BDSM acceptable. This is not to say that it isn't possible. There are many different ways to live the lifestyle. The one in this book is one I'd sway people into avoiding.

This f/f kinky book promised so much. The story turned out to be something completely different than I anticipated which may be why I'm disappointed. From a writing perspective, it's fine. From a story development it's fine. From a Femdom perspective it did not work well. And from a romantic f/f romance plot, it failed for me. This story is recommended for f/f readers who love when second chances bring lovers back together.

*provided by BDSM Book Reviews


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts