Review: Playing Dirty


Playing Dirty
Playing Dirty by HelenKay Dimon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Deep undercover work is never as conflicted as when a suspect becomes a lover. Ford Decker is a secret agent working a dangerous case. His cover is a computer fix it guy which Shay Alexander buys easily. Shay is a property manager who is befriended by sexy Ford. Even though Ford is supposed to not get mixed up with Shay, somehow he ends up in her bed. This is premise that has train wreck written all over it. It is never good to find out one is being played. In this situation, Shay is being used as a means to an end - finding her missing genius cousin.

The story is attention grabbing. Ms. Dimon is a new to me author and one I'm adding on my list of authors I enjoy reading and will follow. This romantic suspense is a nice balance between romance and the thrill of spying suspense. The male agents in this elite covert ops group are alpha and sexy. It's an attractive combination many female readers will appreciate. Whilst there are plenty of books hitting the shelves in this genre, Ms. Dimon will be one which stands out, similar to author Maya Banks. This is because Ms. Dimon creates good solid characters as well as an engaging story. The intrigue in this book isn't simple and it's not convoluted with impossible situations.

This book moves at a good pace. The sex scenes are slow and romantic. The suspense scenes are intense and fast paced - just how I like them. The characters are also snarky which is always a win for me.

Ward didn’t hesitate, probably because he knew the team viewed silence as approval.

“You can’t kill him.”

“The word you’re looking for is ‘shouldn’t.’ ”

West took up his usual position, slightly away from the group and leaning against the wall.

“I really could do it.” (kindle loc. 2687-2690)



When do we get to learn more about West? Because this is hilarious to me. Just sociopathic enough to pull me in and want to learn more. Dangerous is quite sexy. This book is recommended to romantic suspense lovers who enjoy Maya Banks and Suzanne Brockmann.

*provided by Edelweiss



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts