Review: Crafty Bastards


Crafty Bastards
@TymberDalton
 Crafty Bastards by Tymber Dalton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Romance Review

"Hooked on a feeling…high on believing…you're in love with me." This is what Ms. Dalton should sing about me. I am a devoted fan and her Suncoast Society Series works for me. I love them and I can't get enough of it.

In CRAFTY BASTARDS, I'm over the moon as Ms. Dalton features two kinky men who make BDSM furniture. The fact that these two men are also bisexual looking for a third in their triad only makes this story better. Max and Sean are first roommates and then lovers with a past. They went through hellfire together and survived an abusive dominant. Shy to add in another female to their partnership, they have been cruising along and just enjoying life without drama.

Why do I enjoy these BDSM stories so much? It's because of the humour, kink and characters. This series is as close as I can see to real life contemporary BDSM living. Sure, Ms. Dalton smooths out the rougher edges of kink, but she leaves in the real life messiness. In this story, it is about Cali Charleston's ex-lover who takes advantage of her skills and then leaves her destitute and homeless. I feel outrage at the situation because it is all too believable. These are common people with relatable issues.

The BDSM in this story between Max, Sean and Cali is fabulous. It's just right and maybe one step kinkier than a Gateway to BDSM book. Still, the BDSM is light to medium. As expected, these scenes are accurate to real life and whilst I wouldn't use them for BDSM 101 Guide on how to get kinky with my partner, it's still detailed enough to do without getting into too much trouble. The only caveat is when trying out rope bondage. There is a little bit more to rope bondage which lifestylers will know and newbies may end up with problems.

This story focuses on building trust and when trust is broken. For those looking to have a healthy D/s relationship, this is crucial for it to all work. The forward step and then two backwards step in this threesome relationship shows how easily trust can be violated. Yet it's not over. Trust can be earned back and the relationship can become even stronger. The reactions of the characters in here are understandable and at times, moving.

What really gets me in this story is the humour. To be clear, there are no animals abused in this story. There are no animals violated either. This little plot device of Cali's kitty used to sell the BDSM furniture is a stroke of genius. I love it! The scene when Cali's kitty is first discovered as a model made me chuckle out loud.

"This was new last week. Any other time I've bought one of these for him, it lasts six months or longer." [Cali]

The men exchanged a guilty glance. "Not our fault your cat has a nip problem," Max muttered.

"Like they say," Sean added. "Talk to your cat about the nip before some other cat does."

She [Cali] stormed over to them, brandishing the nip container at them. "You got my cat high and tied him up."

"Nooo," Max said, holding a finger up. "Technically we tied him, but we didn't tie him up." (p. 94)



"My cat is not kinky!" [Cali]

"Uh, we have pictures that say otherwise," Max said.

"People think it's hysterical," Sean said. "We could do YouTube videos of it." (pg. 95)


Do it! Where are the YouTube videos? Replace Grumpy Cat with Kinky Kitty!

This BDSM erotic romance is highly recommended to ménage lovers who have a quirky sense of humour.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts