Review: The Queen

The Queen (The Original Sinners: White Years, #4)The Queen by Tiffany Reisz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This latest addition, makes me swoon in delight. This is a must buy and a page turner. Each time, I'm wary of reading the latest book in this series because I'm afraid it won't be as good as the last. In addition, this current arc is focusing on learning about the past. Could this change my opinion of Nora, Kingsley and Søren? It does not. Learning more about how they become the way they are only makes me love them more.

Learning how Nora becomes a Mistress when she returns from her yearlong absence is riveting. When she squares off with another female who is quite petty, I'm enthralled. Ms. Reisz does another masterful job with pulling on the heartstrings and revealing more about these three characters' complicated relationships. This is a story to experience and savour. Ms. Reisz's writing is still witty, descriptive and arousing.

“No, what do they call a sociopath with a conscience?”

“They call her ‘Mistress.’” (Kindle loc. 200-201)

I whimpered with Nora in this dialogue between her and Søren.

“Sir?” [Nora]

He [Søren] turned his face to her but kept his hands under the steaming water. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Little One.” He kissed her forehead. “

You’re in a good mood, my sir,” she said to his bright smile, his bright eyes. He looked almost feverish. “Should I be worried?”

“I would be if I were you,” he said with a wink.

“My pussy just whimpered.”

“I wondered what that sound was. Now go change. There’s a shirt on the bed. Then sit on the table at the end closest to us.” (Kindle loc. 1635-1638)

I love how Nora thinks.

“I’ve created a monster.” [Kingsley]

“You didn’t create a monster,” she [Nora]said, leaning forward and putting both hands on either side of his head. She kissed his earlobe and bit it hard enough to make him flinch. “You just let her off her leash.” (Kindle loc. 2017-2019)

I'd like to have a punch card for virgins. This is all sorts of wrong yet so right.

“I had sex with a virgin last night.” [Nora]

“You found one?” he asked. “Right under my nose. Third one I’ve found. I even have a punch card—if I fuck two more virgins I get a free frozen yogurt on my birthday.” (Kindle loc. 2978-2979)

The BDSM in this story is so good. It's dead on for what I enjoy and can vicariously experience. For those who enjoy D/s and a bit of mind fucking, Nora does a stellar job. With Kingsley submitting, it is divine. His submission is so tasty because he's so strong and powerful yet he yields so sweetly. It must be a heady sensation to be Nora with Kingsley at her feet. The erotic power exchange between all the characters in this book is fluid and tempting. It is so easy to see how lines are blurred and crossed.

The conflict in this story is painful for me to witness. It kills me because it seems as there are no good choices. The ultimatum given in this story makes me feel mixed because I'm not a fan of ultimatums. Yet the reasoning behind it, I can understand. Is it manipulative? Yes. Is it with a bad intention? No. Is it unreasonable to want the best for someone and then also want to protect them by placing oneself in danger? For me, it is not unreasonable. I am just glad I'm not in any of these situations which I need to make a call like Nora, Kingsley or Søren.

I am not a fan of drama ridden stories where there are contrived misunderstandings or conflicts due to lack of discussions. In this series, it is not so much as drama as more like star crossed lovers who never seem to be at the right place at the right time. It is all the right people, but just at the wrong time and wrong place. Ms. Reisz does an excellent job of pulling a reader from one direction to another. I highly recommend this book for romance lovers who enjoy erotica and a bit of femdom.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts