Review: Master of Fate

Master of Fate Paranormal romance lovers who enjoy angst and torture #bookreview @HiLinseyHall
Master of Fate by Linsey Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paranormal romance lovers who enjoy angst and torture, this book is for you. This is the sixth book in The Mythean Arcana series. Full disclosure, I did not read the first five books in this series. Whilst I cannot endorse this book to be a standalone, I can state that it was easy for me to figure out what was going on and get into the story. Aurora is a witch who the majority of supernatural world loathes. She is a witch who subsists on other supernatural's life force. After the brutal killing of her mother and the disappearance of her lover, she went on an epic killing spree. It is impressive how dark Aurora went. This is all explained quickly as the story starts with Aurora free from her prison cell and working to redeem herself.

I liked Aurora. She reminds me of Dark Willow on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Dark Willow is hawt and more interesting than good Willow. Aurora does have a bit of a dark side and it helps her keep everyone on their toes. Felix, her long ago lover is a character I liked too. These two lovers are not exactly star-crossed. They are torn apart and kept away by dark forces they did not fully understand. This is where the story becomes intriguing.

This is a plot driven story and it is well done. The pace is good as it bounces back and forth through time. The transitions between time periods is smooth and easy to follow. The reveals of past history helps explain and resolve the conflicts. Ms. Hall does a good job of setting each new clue up to lead to the next reveal. Whilst this story is not exactly predictable, I would say that it contains no surprises. I say this because Ms. Hall continuously foreshadows the answers well in advance so the reader is not blindsided. This works out well because the story unfolds layer by layer in an easy to follow manner. Readers are led to the big confrontation with an expected resolution. Readers will be satisfied with the loose ends tied up at the end. This paranormal romance is recommended to readers who enjoy second chance themes.

*provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

Comments

I also loved Dark Willow. And Vampire Willow! lol I need to look into this series.

Popular Posts