Review: Claimed by the Vampire, Seduced by the Werewolf: A Scattered Siblings Story

Claimed by the Vampire, Seduced by the Werewolf: A Scattered Siblings Story Claimed by the Vampire, Seduced by the Werewolf: A Scattered Siblings Story by Kryssie Fortune
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What is a woman to do when suddenly two super hawt men both want her at the same time? Especially when she is in a time of need and one of them is her saviour. Too bad the second one wants to terminate her saviour. Tempest's relationship status is denoted as "complicated". Whilst Tempest may feel like belting out Avril Lavigne's Complicated, a more sinister plot is going on. There is a note in the blurb which indicates this can be a standalone. I recommend against reading it as a standalone. The books do not have to be read in order, but they do give a better pictures of this universe.

This book was odd for me. I have enjoyed all the books in this universe to date. This one, I did too, despite the rushed feeling. Let's start with what I enjoyed. I liked the characters. My heart cried for Elias. His life has been terrible and he's been betrayed by his family to suffer centuries of pain and torture. When he finally has a chance at a good life, it seems his heinous family is back to make him the literal whipping boy. This leads me to the second thing I liked about this book: anger. I enjoy books that pull out emotions from me, even if they are negative ones. I am so angry at what happened to Elias. I'm frustrated as the past is slowly revealed to see exactly why Elias was so horribly treated. On top of that, the gods in this story are typical, playing games and leaving mortals to interpret their orders. It's no skin off their nose if the mortal interprets the orders wrong.

Between Elias and Seth, I choose Elias. TEAM E.L.I.A.S! Seth is not bad. He just seems to be handed so much more on a silver platter and does not realize it. He's lived a charmed life. This contrast between the two makes a good conflict for Tempest. Really, do we want Elias or Seth? Is Elias just a pity fuck for her? Because make no mistakes, I feel a ton of pity for Elias, even if he doesn't want anyone's pity. Seth is an arrogant S.O.B. who thinks he is always right. The redeeming factor for Seth is when he's wrong, he admits it. He also works to right any wrongs. He is a fighter for justice which is admirable.

Third, the sexual tension in this book is hawt! I enjoyed the tug of war Tempest is placed in. Plus the kink is so much fun. I love when my paranormal romance is mixed with kink. There is just something about the two combined that gives it an extra kick to my pleasure spots. I'm humming along in pleasure.

What I didn't like. This book felt less smooth than the previous books. This disjointed scene jumping and characters popping in and out would jar me out of the story line. I'd have to think back to how the characters fit into this universe and I did have to pull back memories of previous books to fill in the glossed over scenes which may make other readers feel as if there is missing information. This is the main reason why I recommend reading the other books in this series. For me, when I'm reading a book, I want to be completely immersed in it and surface only when I'm done. When that doesn't happen, it feels more like a bumping read. This is atypical of Ms. Fortune and I'm surprised. Still, I enjoyed this story and I may be a little biased because I enjoyed the other ones in this world. Plus the kink usually ups the points favourably. This paranormal romance is recommended to kinky menage readers who love their angsty anti-hero.

* Provided by Manic Readers


Comments

Popular Posts