Review: Hard Justice

Hard Justice Hard Justice by April Hunt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For a fast paced action paced romantic suspense, this book will deliver. Charlie is a spitfire. She also has a huge chip on her shoulder. There are valid reasons why she is so aggressive. It is because she is the only female on this private security team, Alpha Security. And when her past is revealed, it explains so much about her. Yet it makes me wonder why the rest of her team doesn't know about her past. Because seriously, they are a private security team. Don't they want to know the details of the people working for them?

I like the concept of this series, specifically with the Alpha Security and their mission. I also like the bar they have as an undercover base. It may not be practical but it is totally up my alley. It is the characters in this series that doesn't exactly work for me. I never grew to like Charlie. She is so contrary that it's like hugging a porcupine. Yet it works for her love interest, Vince.

The two of them are opposites in many ways. I don't see the attraction because usually opposites do not last long for a long term relationship. The constant strife is too much after a few years. For a hook up and to get the sex out of their system, I can totally see the two of these together. They can burn up the sheets just with their scathing snark towards each other. It is the kind of relationship I like to eat popcorn and watch to see what happens next. At times, they are brutal to each other. Not my kind of relationship, but whatever works for them.

This story is more than just a dysfunctional relationship with hot sex and a femi-nazi. Charlie and Vince can work as a team to figure out why women are being killed. The suspense part of this book does take a bit of a back seat compared to the relationship and Charlie's background. It does help tie everything together and make for a pleasurable read. This romantic suspense is recommended for readers who like antagonistic lovers who can work well together in and out of bed.

*provided by NetGalley  

Comments

Popular Posts