Review: Melting Ice 3

Melting Ice 3 Melting Ice 3 by D.J. Manly
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Returning to the theme of a bad boy mixing up a good one, this third in the series can be read as a standalone. This time, two law enforcement agents are together. Vice detective Andre Dubois is working on a case when it goes completely pear shaped. The elusive man he's after, Mr. K vanishes and a new player is in town. When G-man Wayne Connelly pulls Andre from his case and into protective custody, it does not smell right. Andre is pissed and Wayne is resigned.

Whilst I understand this story is focused on the budding relationship between these two sexy men, I'm too focused on what happened to Wayne. I am so angry at how Wayne was treated. Who treats someone this way just because of his sexual orientation? And in this day and age in the States of all places. I am sure this happens but it doesn't happen on my watch and certainly not on my team or the teams I work with. This kind of discrimination and blatant disrespect for someone who does a great job is annoying. Then to pile on the insensitivity for bereavement? My blood boiled and I my head nearly exploded. This book made me feel not because of the sexy chemistry or the fun plot. But because I was so angry about how Wayne was treated. I fell for Wayne and what he ended up doing at the end, I admire him and love him a bit more.

This m/m romance is recommended to readers who enjoy bad boys leading good boys to a better place.

*provided by Manic Readers 

Comments

Popular Posts