Review: Walk Between the Raindrops

Walk Between the Raindrops
Never underestimate a petite woman; it could kill you. #Myrageissuespaleincomparison @tymberdalton
Walk Between the Raindrops by Tymber Dalton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Romance Review

Never underestimate a petite woman; it could kill you. This story hurt my heart so much. I've liked Scyre and June as they seem to be the mentors in the Suncoast Society. Scrye is the ultimate rope/rigger guy and they seem to have a wonderful life. They have fabulous kinky sex and they have two lovely daughters. They have a great set of friends, what more can they ask for? When the past is revealed about June, it is heartbreaking.

I really enjoyed this book because it made me cry. I can not imagine what it would be like to lose a twin. To lose a twin the way June lost July is horrendous. This book is yet another one in the series where it is more focused on the character and not so much on the kinky relationship. It's more about June and her intensity. I like June and I'm impressed with her sense of justice and her methodical manner. What this book did do is hit home that some of us have anger issues. We function just fine and we can be loving, but boy can we go off the deep end with anger. Sometimes to a scary degree for others to witness. Yet to us, it feels completely justified.

I admire June and how smart she is. She is more than just a defender or protector. She metes out punishment as she sees fit. Is it right? Is it ethical? Is it legal? In my jaded and anger-laden years, I don't think I can answer these questions. I know that I believe June did what she had to do and if she had to do it over again, I'd wish she'd do the same. Does this make both of us bad people? Possibly. And I'm okay with it.

Whilst reading this story, I kept feeling dread in the pit of my stomach as Ms. Dalton flips back and forth between past and present. She does this in a tension-filled way where I know there is a horrific train wreck up ahead and yet I can not look away. This build up and final confession is cathartic. I loved the support Scyre gives his wife, June. And sometimes, secrets are best left unsaid. This book is highly recommended to romance readers who enjoy justice meted out with prejudice. 

Comments

Popular Posts