Review: After Hours

After Hours After Hours by Lynda Aicher
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

This new series from talented Ms. Aicher has captured my attention. I revel in the fantasies played out in the Boardroom. This story is where powerful men and women come to play off their dark taboos. It is glorious, the directing of sexual partners as well as the voyeurism. Love it. The alpha men created in this series are the ones who push my erotic button and I just melt. I have a weakness for men in suits who are ruthless yet a strict morale code. This dichotomy makes me want to submit and play in their kinky games.

Seems as if Avery is attracted to and enticed by the same sort of man. When she accidentally walks into a private scene, she is horrified yet aroused. Trying to quietly back away, she is caught by an executive in the company she works for, Carson. Their relationship takes on a whirlwind pace of passion, lust and kinky delights. It is never easy when pleasure is mixed with business. Is it all just a game to humiliate Avery? Can she continue to work with the men she's seen in hot sex scenes? Will they out her? How does one know when to draw the line during work? The blurring between work and pleasure threatens to overwhelm Avery.

Stepping into reality for a bit, this story is an HR nightmare, especially in the current climate of #metoo. The inherent power the men wield because of their position makes it questionable if women are actually able to say no for fear of retaliation. So what is it when these fantasies play out in an erotic romance novel, it is so attractive? I have my theories but for fear of being lynched by an angry mob, I'll keep them to myself.

Stepping back into the fantasy of this series, I love it. I like the direction Ms. Aicher is going and I really like how there is a slight element of danger. I can not wait to see who is up next and to get the back story of the one who created The Boardroom. The prequel novella teaser gives a nice highlight and I want more. This well crafted book is smooth as silk and sexy to boot. Recommended to erotica romance lovers who enjoy power plays in both the boardroom and bedroom.

*provided by NetGalley 

Comments

Popular Posts