Review: Any World That I'm Welcome To

Any World That I'm Welcome To Any World That I'm Welcome To by Tymber Dalton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Romance Review

Just when you think Ms. Dalton can't make her characters suffer any more, this book comes out. Seriously, it is best to read this story with a hankie or box of tissues close by. This can be read as a standalone and perhaps sandwiched between books with happy themes.

The threesome in this book is Tamsin, Neil and Dexter. It starts out with Tamsin and Dexter engaged and living a good life with Tamsin's best friend, Neil. Neil is gay and also a Dom to Tamsim's submissiveness. Dexter is also Tamsin's Dom. The two men play well together, sharing Tamsin which is pretty awesome. What could go wrong? For those who auto read Ms. Dalton like me, without reading the blurb, the lead up in the story is exciting. It seems perhaps, Tamsin is going to have her wish granted. She will be able to have her best friend and fiance get it on with her to enjoy the ride. All I have to say is, "Be careful of what you wish for".

The two men do get together, but it is horrific what happens that leads to this connection. A reader may feel like they are wearing a life preserve stuck in a riptide whilst being battered by wave after wave against a reef. There is pretty much non stop issues that happen after Tamsin is hurt. For those who have family members who have been critically injured, this story may have a couple of triggers. What is most depressing for me in this book is what happens to Tamsin. Basically, she loses out big time and even though the ending seems happy, I still feel for her because nothing turned out the way she expected. Her last memory was happy and her next experience is pretty much an engaged woman's worst nightmare.

The loss aside, the romance between Neil and Dexter is bittersweet. Their love slowly grows and it's painful to watch because it's a product of great loss that brings them together. Their sexual relations is definitely kinky hawt. This helped to balance out this angst-filled book. I am not sure it balanced it evenly against the sadness because I couldn't get over how much Tamsin lost. Still, this is a book dedicated to love and how love continues through in sickness and in health. This erotic romance is recommended to readers who enjoy angst and what could have beens.  

Comments

Popular Posts