Review: Wild Ride

erotic suspense is recommended for motorcycle club loving readers who have a thing for good boys undercover as bad boys @JAWalkerAuthor #bookreview

Wild Ride by Julie Ann Walker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Why have I not read this series before? I'm usually iffy on motorcycle club themes because they don't always work for me. The life where females are either on a pedestal or in the gutter doesn't amuse me a bit. Arrogant domineering males rub me the wrong way. In this new to me series, Ms. Walker makes me regret not picking up the series earlier. Now I have to read all the books in the series. Starting with book 9 is probably not the best idea. It can be read as a standalone as I had zero issues getting caught up with the concept and world Ms. Walker built. I loved it.

Ethan aka Ozzie is a former Navy SEAL who works for a private firm using a motorcycle shop as a front. Keeping everything on the down low is critical. Unluckily for him, he falls for an investigative reporter who sticks her nose into everything dangerous. Samantha's past propels her into the life of uncovering criminals and dirty politicians. She wants to expose them all and fight for justice in her way. This places her in several tight spots and this last one may just kill her.

I enjoyed Ozzie and Samantha's interactions. It is clear Ozzie is trying hard to walk a very tight rope. Samantha is no dummy. She knows there is a story and she is itching to break it open. What is pulling her in two different directions is the two opposing sides of Ozzie. Her gut is telling her there is more and she doesn't know what it is, but she knows it could be really good for her career.

The conflicts in this fast paced story keep a reader glued to the pages. I read this all in one sitting and it was a wild roller coaster ride. Ms. Walker's writing style is clean and elegant. The action scenes are so well described, I could picture it all in my mind. If the rest of the books in the series are similar to this one, I hope someone in the directorial staff in Netflix reads it and makes it into a series. I would definitely watch it. This erotic suspense is recommended for motorcycle club loving readers who have a thing for good boys undercover as bad boys.

*provided by Edelweiss 

Comments

Popular Posts