Review: Sex-Doll

Sex-Doll Sex-Doll by H Dean
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I feel as though I have to warn readers on this book. This is a very niche writing for a select group of readers who are very clear between BDSM fantasy and the BDSM lifestyle. In no way are those who enjoy this book thinking this is how the lifestyle works. Instead, this is the depraved deviant fantasy body modification enthusiast revel in from beginning to end.

The concept of this story is right up my dark alley. Belinda is a down on her luck girl who goes to her friend Harper for help. As a friend with kinky benefits, Harper is hoping for a little more. He is hoping this time, Belinda is interested in staying. Belinda's relationship with Harper seems to be complicated but it's not. Basically she knows he's the bad boy who is not good for her. She is skeptical of his love for her. I hold no such skepticism. Because I know for a fact, he is no good for her and does not love her. This is evident in the first couple of scenes. He wants her only for her body, no matter what he claims. She knows better and yet can not resist him, to her, he is the irresistible demon who brings forth a hell she knowingly walks into.

For those who have read H. Dean's books, this is in line with his latest vein in writing. Where as his earlier works are more focused on the body modification and sexual degradation - it is changing to be more focused on the psychological. So is this a body modification or a behaviour modification story? Can it be a little of both? I do wish it had a little more sex to it. Yes, yes, there is sex in this book. Is it that graphic? Yes and no. Was it titillating? Yes. Was it very kinky? Meh. Yes and no. The concepts of what happens to Belinda so that she can become Dolly is nicely done, a little bit at a time. The way Harper insidiously changes Belinda can be quite disturbing. Make no mistakes, this is one of the darker ones of his tales. Still, it is arousing in its debasement. The sexual evolution of Dolly or should we say, devolution of Belinda, concludes with an intriguing hook. I have ideas of where it could go and I am eager to see what H. Dean does with it.

Now for some spoilers questions

This modification erotica is recommended only for dark erotica readers who enjoy a good mind fuck.

* An arc was provided by the author for a review

Comments

Popular Posts