Review: Judgment Road
Judgment Road by Christine FeehanMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
A new series spin off with deadly men and women, trying to find a new life. I won't lie, I'm addicted to this world Ms. Feehan created. I usually do not read motorcycle club stories because for the most part, I do not like the MC world. There are a few series I do read, primarily because they are a vanilla-ized version of the club. This one, I admit is a sanitized version of a MC club, because there are no hos ready and waiting around to be used, abused and tossed aside. Instead, it's an intriguing story of a sinister group trying to infiltrate another larger MC turf.
The male character is the stubborn and elusive Reaper. He is someone who doesn't want complications and yet he is lured in by Anya's sweet personality. Anya is doing her best to stay under the radar. She's seen something she probably should not have and now she's on the run. If she could only continue to be paid cash and no questions asked, she might just survive.
Whenever I read a story where one of the main characters is on the run, I think about how restricting our world is now. How difficult it is to disappear and how hard it is to make a good living without credentials. How does one start over? For Anya, she isn't make a good living or even ends meet. I feel for Anya who has nothing and lives out of a car in a park. It is stories like this that motivate me to continue to work hard at my day job so I never end up destitute and desperate like she does. It's hard for Anya and without a helping hand, how can she survive?
Luckily enough for her, she is adopted by by the Torpedo Ink MC. Without their funds and protection, she might as well be another statistic for collateral damage. What I liked about this story is the character development and plot. There was more than just a romance. I would say the romance took a back seat to this story even though it is integral. Just when I thought it would be merely Reaper doing his #wantyoudon'twantyou dance with Anya, a threat materializes. This leads to secondary characters from another series to make an appearance and mobilize the community. I love this small town community as it showcases the best parts of living in a small town where everyone knows each other.
This first book starts out nicely and I can't wait to read the story and matches for each member in this deadly exclusive MC. This romantic novel is recommended to readers who enjoy motorcycle clubs and alpha males mixed in with a bit of magic.
*provided by NetGalley
View all my reviews

Comments