Review: The Big Alpha in Town

The Big Alpha in Town The Big Alpha in Town by Eve Langlais
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This anthology is hilarious. I sucked this one down. I wish I could give half star ratings. This is 3.5 with the amount of sweet humour. The first one made me laugh the entire time.

Bearing His Name
This one is shifter bears who have so many male cousins that it is hard to count them. They are Greek and the tie in to honey is nicely done. Ark is a bit concerned as he received a random card telling him he has a baby mommy. The big problem? At least another 11 cousins are in the same situation. Determined to figure out what is going on, Ark meets the challenge head on. He tracks down the pregnant woman only to find she isn't the one pregnant. Jade's sister is pregnant and she can't figure out who is her baby daddy.

This could make the story ridiculous and corny. Instead, it is cute. Between the chasing of a mate and figuring out "who's your daddy?", this novella will keep a reader amused.

Owned by the Lion

This novella is forgetting for me. I read through it quickly and then promptly forgot it.

No Need Fur Love

I loved this one. This I remember the best, not because it was the last story in the book. It is because it involves a wood nymph. Her determined focus on what she wants from a man creates unknowing collateral damage. This collateral damage is Owen, a werewolf who finally finds his mate. The lack of understand of each other's culture is sad, but what is sadder is how the wood nymph doesn't even try to learn about Owen. She doesn't care about him and what happens to him at first. Luckily for Owen, she gets with the program and starts to ask questions.

The conflict with her father is so odd. I felt this part of the story was rushed and concluded too down pat. The reader never learns why her father has issue with Owen. Nor do we really find out what happens to him. I feel like i need a follow up story. Overall, this story is the most refreshingly different.

This anthology is recommended to paranormal romance readers looking for different shifters and mate pairings.

*provided by Netgalley 

Comments

Popular Posts