Review: Chevelle
Chevelle by Sapphire Knight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
When does a pushy male become an attractive male? In my opinion... rarely ever, unless he is amazingly handsome with a big dick. Even then, it can be iffy. Luckily for Mercenary, his person of interest is a tough independent female, Chevelle. When these two interact, it is a constant power struggle and relationship games.
New to me author Ms. Knight is one I've been seeing quite frequently in book groups. Intrigued by her teasers and snippets, I tried out one of her books. I can see the appeal for readers who like bad boys that believe no means yes. This is not a bad thing if someone is into it. Plus, this is a motorcycle erotica book which means it is a lovely piece of romantic fapping material. What I liked about the book is the character development. Specifically I liked Chevelle. Her ownership of the Pit is impressive once the backstory of how she came to own the place. She is a tough woman who knows how to fight in a scrappy manner. Most men learn quickly that her punches are just as lethal as her sharp tongue. Her weakness for some unknown reason is Mercenary.
Full disclosure, I'm not a fan of motorcycle clubs. I read them and they don't do much for me. Specifically because I can't stand the men. I am learning to understand the motorcycle lifestyle and it is not for me. Can I appreciate how they run their club? Yes. Can I understand why they use deadly force? Yes. Am I okay with how they treat women? Yes and no. The fact that the women are called Old Ladies is amusing to me. The fact that they become "property" is cool by me too. What I don't like is the pig headed stubbornness which then translates to the "old lady" needing to use manipulative practices to get what they want. This is something I realized aggravates me to no end. And, it is inherently ingrained in the culture because it is a complete patriarchy where the woman is not even a second class citizen. I digress.
Overbearing male notwithstanding, this story is more than a bump and grind, pee on the woman and brand her as mine tale. There is more to it as the reader sees the conflicts between different motorcycle clubs. More specifically how the 1% differ than the others. The others come in all different shades when it comes to legality. Still, my preference is the "others". Ms. Knight nicely contrasts between the two as well as exhibiting their similarities. It all comes down to intent. At heart, the Oath Keepers are good guys with their specific code of morality.
From a sex standpoint, this story is smoking hawt. The constant fighting between Mercenary and Chevelle reminds me of a tom cat going after a pussy in heat. There is much hissing, scratching, wrestling and chasing. It is exciting and hawt. There is a lot of protesting from Chevelle but it is all a smoke screen to hide her lust for Mercenary. His attitude of "me want; me take" is kind of primal hawt - from a happy voyeur perspective. In real life would it fly? Probably not, especially in today's current politically correct environment. In a story, it is blazing smexy.
This erotic romance is recommended for readers who love motorcycle clubs with alpha males and prickly females.
* I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
When does a pushy male become an attractive male? In my opinion... rarely ever, unless he is amazingly handsome with a big dick. Even then, it can be iffy. Luckily for Mercenary, his person of interest is a tough independent female, Chevelle. When these two interact, it is a constant power struggle and relationship games.
New to me author Ms. Knight is one I've been seeing quite frequently in book groups. Intrigued by her teasers and snippets, I tried out one of her books. I can see the appeal for readers who like bad boys that believe no means yes. This is not a bad thing if someone is into it. Plus, this is a motorcycle erotica book which means it is a lovely piece of romantic fapping material. What I liked about the book is the character development. Specifically I liked Chevelle. Her ownership of the Pit is impressive once the backstory of how she came to own the place. She is a tough woman who knows how to fight in a scrappy manner. Most men learn quickly that her punches are just as lethal as her sharp tongue. Her weakness for some unknown reason is Mercenary.
Full disclosure, I'm not a fan of motorcycle clubs. I read them and they don't do much for me. Specifically because I can't stand the men. I am learning to understand the motorcycle lifestyle and it is not for me. Can I appreciate how they run their club? Yes. Can I understand why they use deadly force? Yes. Am I okay with how they treat women? Yes and no. The fact that the women are called Old Ladies is amusing to me. The fact that they become "property" is cool by me too. What I don't like is the pig headed stubbornness which then translates to the "old lady" needing to use manipulative practices to get what they want. This is something I realized aggravates me to no end. And, it is inherently ingrained in the culture because it is a complete patriarchy where the woman is not even a second class citizen. I digress.
Overbearing male notwithstanding, this story is more than a bump and grind, pee on the woman and brand her as mine tale. There is more to it as the reader sees the conflicts between different motorcycle clubs. More specifically how the 1% differ than the others. The others come in all different shades when it comes to legality. Still, my preference is the "others". Ms. Knight nicely contrasts between the two as well as exhibiting their similarities. It all comes down to intent. At heart, the Oath Keepers are good guys with their specific code of morality.
From a sex standpoint, this story is smoking hawt. The constant fighting between Mercenary and Chevelle reminds me of a tom cat going after a pussy in heat. There is much hissing, scratching, wrestling and chasing. It is exciting and hawt. There is a lot of protesting from Chevelle but it is all a smoke screen to hide her lust for Mercenary. His attitude of "me want; me take" is kind of primal hawt - from a happy voyeur perspective. In real life would it fly? Probably not, especially in today's current politically correct environment. In a story, it is blazing smexy.
This erotic romance is recommended for readers who love motorcycle clubs with alpha males and prickly females.
* I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Comments