Review: Close to the Edge

Close to the Edge Close to the Edge by Dawn Ryder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have read a couple of books in this series. This one started out confusing for me because for some reason the story started near the end rather than in the beginning. I think my copy was perhaps a bit messed up. Nevertheless, I was able to get the story from the beginning which makes more sense.

Jenna is a friend who tries to help a friend out. As a person who can sub in for catering, she shows up a little too early to a job only to catch people wiring her client's house. This is how she stumbles across Dare Servant. Dare is not expecting this spunky female to argue with him or even excite him. The characters were okay. Jenna is spunky. But Dare is a bit overly domineering and annoying at times. Still, they partner up to try and bring down a criminal.

The plot of this story seems to be left a bit behind with the focus on the romance between the two. The chemistry between the two is okay if a bit forgettable. I am a bit disappointed as the last couple of books I liked the characters better. Some of the previous characters do show up as supporting cast and it is fun to see them again. Overall this story is okay. Recommended to romance suspense readers who like alpha males and spunky females.

*provided by Netgalley 

Comments

Popular Posts