Review: Cocky Queen



Cocky Queen by Candace Blevins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Creative and touching, this cocky dare is an utter delight. If anyone asked me if a shifter peacock could be kinky and dominant whilst being a drag queen, I would have blinked and then laughed like a loon.



I probably would still read it because I love reading about non conventional shifters. Would it have been a story will a good plot and developed characters? Probably not. In this case, it is Ms. Blevins so I am intrigued. Because when it comes to character development, world building and kinky sex - she rocks it. In this story, she excels.



Throw in a little ageplay, spanking and cross dressing and I'm thinking dirty naughty thoughts.



Regardless of why this book came to existence, I am glad Ms. Blevins' muse smacked her around and showed her who's boss. I loved the story. First of all, the use of a peacock shifter is brilliant. When paired with a man who's chosen profession is a drag queen, it becomes genius. I am so thrilled because as everyone should know, a peacock with the beautiful plumage is a male, not a female. This translation between human and shifter is so well paired. What caught me off guard was the kink.

Second, I'm a fan of age-play. How being a little blends seamlessly into this story is surprising. Ms. Blevins shines an insightful light into this kink. She is respectable about it and shows how it can translate into every day life. As someone who is into this kink, I thank her for it.

Third, casting characters who are playful, sweet and of substance with some far out there parameters is impressive. Sandy's history and why she is goes to school at Georgia Tech is touching. Her chosen job to make money to pay for school takes guts and since this is a paranormal romance, it is done in a way that I admire and wish were real. Sandy is a good girl who knows her mind and is willing to do what it takes to make her dreams come true. She doesn't sell herself short. She makes the use of all her talents.

Vic is the one I fell in love with... not only because he is a Daddy dom. His profession is not easy and from the looks of it, he carries it off with class. His personas are sexy. He is comfortable with his body and he knows his mind. He balances his masculinity and femininity perfectly.

Lastly, the courting of Sandy by Vic keeps me riveted. He looks at her and really sees her. He understands what motivates her and how to bring her up. He pampers her, loves her and accepts her. What more could a woman want in a lover?



This titillating tale is condensed into a tightly woven novella. It is fast paced and the erotic scenes are hawt. All too soon, the story ends and I'm bereft. Hopefully this couple will appear again in one of the other stories in this supernatural series. I highly recommend this erotic delight to all readers who want to experience something unique.

*I received an advanced copy 

Comments

Popular Posts