Review: Consort



Consort by Candace Blevins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Relationships change over time. Becoming close to someone and sharing experiences with them can create an intimacy which pulls a person away from the person they currently love. For Mab, she knows Tabby is the one she wants forever. Tabby thinks this is what she wants too. But when she learns about Prince Rowan and she's already fond of him, how will this work? Rowan can be the sadistic Master she enjoys and he is someone who understand her in a different way due to his experiences. Their footing is also more equal than Tabby to Mab.

This is a complication in the story which may make a few readers feel twisted up and anxious. Mab's relationship with Tabby is multilayered as it continues to mature and grow. Or more specifically, as Tabby's beautiful butterfly wings emerge as she metamorphosis into a force to be reckon with, the way Mab relates to her changes. Tabby's growth is truly an inspiration to witness. Ms. Blevins does a nice job of showing the difficulties Tabby struggles with as her position in the Fae world increases. Tabby is not power hunger. She is an insatiable pain slut who loves being under her lover's power. Both Mab and Rowan fill that desire and it makes it difficult for all.

This story is more than relationship tangles and dark as hell kinky shenanigans. There is also personal growth for Rowan and changes for him. Their ever evolving relationship over time is nicely done in a concise manner. I have mentioned it before, and I will mention it again. Ms. Blevins does a bang up job when it comes to compressing time into meaningful chunks. Time flies and yet it doesn't feel rushed. There is just the right pace so the important pieces to the story are delved into with more detail and emotion. The "time lapsed" writing is done in a way that gives a good highlight and doesn't come across like a space filler. Ms. Blevin's pace in this story helps bring closure to open threads and start new ones. I love it.

I am not going to provide any spoilers regarding the sex and kink scenes. Suffice to say, they are hard, intense and wince worthy. The kink is designed for those who revel in intense sensations and dark passion. Did I get arouse? Yes. Did I feel a bit disturbed that I was aroused? Not anymore. I've joined the dark side and since Ms. Blevins enticed me with much better things than cookies.

Just when I think this story can not continue anymore, Ms. Blevins throws in another subplot which looks to like it will bloom into the main plot for the next and final installment. This story ends in a fairytale manner and I can't wait to see what happens after the happily ever after. This kinky fantasy is highly recommended to dark erotic readers who let their deviance roam freely.

*I received an advanced copy. A review was requested. I compiled because I was bribed with rough hard sex... just the way I like it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts