Review: In The Rough

In The Rough In The Rough by Sara Brookes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series gets sexier and sexier. In the Rough totally strokes my techie pleasure button with the virtual reality kink to the next level. Will this technology ever become reality? Who is to know? Techies need to take note of Ms. Brookes' ideas and capitalize on them!

I enjoyed this story because I really liked Marcus Holly. He is a guy who I can understand and I feel badly for, even when I think he acts illogically. He is a great guy who just wants to live his life peacefully. He also hopes to make some money so that he can have food and basic shelter. All of this hinges on his cutting edge VR technology. He wasn't expecting it to be picked up by a BDSM club, but he adjusts and creates some pretty awesome scenarios. What I liked about Ms. Brookes' writing style is how she incorporates enough technology to make it kind of believable. The technology is not quite there yet, but her descriptions of what needs to happen in order to create the VR rooms is accurate. The body scanning with diodes also helped make it realistic. Making that scene erotic with unintentional fondling just makes it hotter.

Speaking of hot, the erotic kinky scenes between Marcus and Enver is smoking. I generally skim through most sex scenes now. Ms. Brookes' erotic scenes are one of the few I will read slowly and savour. I can visualize the scene so well based on her vivid descriptions. I get aroused just as the characters are getting aroused. There is something so sensual with her erotic writings. It leaves me panting for more. The kinky parts to this story is more sensation based than SM which works great for me.

The conflict in this story can be seen from a mile away and the plot twist is unsurprising. It is disappointing in this day and age people's sex life are still being judged. I am always confused as to why what someone does in their private life is anyone's business. Or why someone would feel the need to intrude and try to destroy someone's life based on their sexual leanings. Ms. Brookes accurately depicts what happens in real life for some gay men.

Overall, this erotic tale is sweet and sensual. The back and forth hesitation between Marcus and Enver can get a bit frustrating, but it makes it more realistic. Plus, both men do have their own baggage which lends credence to their tentative behavior. Enver's issue and why he has to be so controlled was a surprise. I had never thought of this issue in the way that Enver presented how it took over his life and interfered with his work. Addictions are difficult to stop and some which may not be taken seriously still have serious ramifications. Fortunately for Enver, Marcus can help out. This kinky erotica is recommended to m/m readers who enjoy sensual sadism with a techie flair.

*provided by https://www.edelweiss.plus">Edelweiss
   

Comments

Popular Posts