Review: Torn

Torn Torn by Lauren Dane
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Friends reunited into a second chance love is always sweet. This series is well named. As a fan of Whiskey, I feel as though I'm enjoy different bottles of Whiskeys. This one is a sweeter than the others. The chemistry between Cora and Beau is smooth. If I had to pick a brand of Whiskey to describe this relationship, I would pick the Glenmorangie Sherry Cask. That hint of sweetness with a smooth burn works for them. This would be in contrast to Maybe's story in Unraveled which I would consider a smokey Ardbeg. And also different than Rachel's dark story in Jagged which I liken to Macallan. I digress.

Following the theme of dysfunctional families, Cora's mother is the issue here. I honestly start to wonder if Ms. Dane has family or friends with massive dysfunctions. Because some of these things the parents do in this series are just horrendous. My heart weeps for the women. Cora's treatment may not be as bad as Maybe or Rachel, but it is still emotionally scarring. Luckily for Cora, she now has a champion who counterbalances the negativity of her mother. Beau Petty is a boy Cora knew and now has the chance to reconnect. Boy do they reconnect. He does come with his own baggage.

Ms. Dane brings a reader into this story and adds additional connections to this world by bringing in familiar characters from Unraveled and Jagged. Growing this circle of friends and support is a key element in her romances and it is particularly appealing to me. In this one, there is less conflict than the previous two, but still enough to create a connection to Cora's pain and her joy. I do enjoy stories where people reconnect and this time, it is the right time and right place.

This romance flows and is an easy read. The erotic parts are just steamy enough to bring a nice heat. This erotic romance is recommended to romance readers who love second chance romances.

*provided by Netgalley 

Comments

Popular Posts