Review: Cross Breed

Cross Breed Cross Breed by Lora Leigh
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

FINALLY Cassandra's love story is here. I have been waiting so long I gave up hope. When my grubby little hands grasped a hold of this book, I had such high expectations. I confess; I am vexed. I feel like Ms. Leigh is edging me the entire time this story and then when the big climax is about to happen, she ruined it. I'm left unsatisfied and wondering what just happened.

The story starts out so well with flashes to the past. Cassie's mysterious lover and mate sneaks in and out of her life. When the reveal occurs, I am not sure how I feel. I did not guess who her mate would be. The sexual tension between the two is similar to the majority of the book in this series. The mating sex is as hawt as usual. Nothing unpredictable. What was surprising is how Cassie's world is turned upside down and other breeds turned against her. I never understood how the breeds could be so against the coyotes. It is sad to see that the breeds can be just as malicious and terrible as humans.

Whilst many questions are answered in this story, more plots abound and now I have new questions and new threads that need to be tied off. This series keeps me coming back over and over again. Especially as this love story feels unfinished and we have more on Cassie's twin sister. Hopefully the next book in the series will provide more answers. For those who have not read other books in this series, this is going to be hard to read as a standalone. There are many ties throughout other books. This paranormal romance is recommended to readers who enjoy intrigue and betrayals.

*provided by Netgalley 

Comments

Popular Posts