Review: Diamond Fire

Diamond Fire Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Buy this book now. I loved this story and have already read it three times since it showed up on my Kindle yesterday. This is a little taste of the Hidden Legacy world before the next book comes. I absolutely loved it. This may be a story about Nevada and Rogan getting married, but it really focuses on Catalina. She is front and center as Nevada's wedding planner.

This should just be a filler story to keep us natives from being restless, yet it is so much more. We get a glimpse of how Rogan's family is set up. We also learned more about how Houses like savage dingo packs. How the ordinary Baylor house is going to integrate into this shark infested waters will be interesting. Good thing each of them have a terrifying power.

I adored Catalina and her struggles with normalcy. Her fear of her own powers is understandable when we learn how people's lives have been ruined by it. When she finally comes into her own, it will be glorious. I imagine this willowy blonde with magnificent sparkly wings. Her ability to interrogate suspects is marvelous. I realize she doesn't like it but I love it. I would totally abuse this power so it is a good thing this is make believe.

What really surprised me is how Ilona Andrews slips in a nice tidy closure to an open thread from the first three books. I would have thought it would continue on into the next story arc. It is a fitting ending and smooth. I hesitate to reveal the parts I loved best about this story because it would be too many spoilers. This book is to be savoured after the initial devouring. I will be reading this story over and over again. Highly recommended to urban fantasy lovers who enjoy a character driven story with a sneaky pointed plot. 

Comments

Popular Posts