Review: Crazy Pucking Love

Crazy Pucking Love Crazy Pucking Love by Cindi Madsen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Week 8 of Shameless brings another new author to me, Ms. Madsen. I have to say, I was bit wary at first because I realized it is a new adult book. Still, committed to going outside my boundaries and reading all the lovely books I received as a gift, I dove in. I liked it. This is the 3rd book in the series and I was just fine reading this as a standalone. If there were references to other characters from the previous two books in the series, I didn't notice it.

This story is going to be a predictable melodrama of boy meets girl and then miscommunications run rampant. Megan Davenport is starting at the same college her older brother attends. She left for college a bit earlier because of some of the family matters that exploded for everyone to see. It's been painful for her and she wants a new start. College may just be the right place with no one knowing her. She has a list of items she wants to focus on for herself.

I'm mixed about this story. Mixed because the romance is sweet and all about dewy eyed young love. Immature characters who do dumb things and they have to sheepishly fess up is not my cup of tea. Still, Megan and Dane make a cute couple I could probably have related to, a quarter of a century ago. Now, I just want to smack them upside the head. I want to tell Megan that men aren't worth it if she doesn't have her own identity yet. Dating during college is a mistake that she will live to regret. The experiences she will pass up because of a guy isn't worth it. *hops off soapbox*

Ms. Madsen's writing voice is smooth and articulate, better than her characters at communicating to one another. The set up for conflicts are easy to spot and resolved in a manner expected. The characters are not exactly one dimension, but they aren't complex either. They are not shallow which is definitely a plus. The sexual interludes I skipped over because it's a bit too tame for me. Their sexual chemistry is very sweet and keeps reminding me of young love - where people believe love will conquer all. This new adult romance is recommended to readers who enjoy a sweet college romance.

Comments

Popular Posts