Review: Evidence of Desire

Evidence of Desire Evidence of Desire by Lexi Blake
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Just when I think Ms. Blake can't move me any more, she breaks out a tear jerker with this latest book. I loved this story and within the first few minutes, I'm tearing up. This is a second in a spin off series and it is glorious. For those who are starting out with this book, it's recommended to read the first book to understand the backstory of a couple of secondary characters. Still, this book can be read as a standalone.

Moving through this law firm, David is up for his love story. I liked David in the first book. Learning about his fears and how he became a lawyer is impressive. What I liked about his situation is how applicable it is in today's sports climate. Ms. Blake brings this touchy subject up front and center. She shows both sides and with compassion. She plays out some what if scenarios with heart breaking consequences. This plot driven story is filled with compassion and heart. Love it.

Isla is David's love interest and she is in a bind. Her number one client is accused of murder and it isn't pretty. This story kind of reminds me of a Bull episode but so much better. After watching so many Bull episodes, my mind is whirling as I try to poke holes with the DA's case. I like seeing it from the defendant's point of view. I also like how Ms. Blake doesn't make it easy for Isla and David to fight and defend Trey's case. The obstacles they run into make this story more complex and painful to witness. It is painful because it seems absolutely hopeless. How with this major conflict resolve? The twists and turns to reveal what really happens is done so well. This "who done it" story kept my attention riveted the entire time.

The romance element in this so sweet. Isla and David's whirlwind love affair goes up and down. What holds David back is a very serious fear. Their couple of steps forward and a few steps back are frustrating yet so realistic. Their intimacy is what I love best. The sexual tension is well done as ever Ms. Blake book is written. I did bypass the sex because it was too vanilla for me. It is their time together and the little moments of discovery which really made this romance so good. This romantic suspense is highly recommended to all romance readers.

*provided by Netgalley 

Comments

Popular Posts