Review: Queen Takes Camelot

Queen Takes Camelot Queen Takes Camelot by Joely Sue Burkhart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another Queen for the Good in a rapidly expanding world of vampires, queens and their knights. Ever the fan of Ms. Burkhart, when I learned she was going to start writing a spin off with a reinterpretation of the Arthurian legend, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. What I find interesting is Arthur is not the good guy in this story. And not surprisingly, one of my other favourite reinterpretation of King Arthur also showcases that history is re-written by the winner who is not always the good guy.

I have always been a fan of Guinevere. Seeing her in this version increases my adoration. Ms. Burkhart creates an intrigue plot of jealous, betrayal and... another woman. How exciting is that?! This little taste of what is to come only whets my appetite for the main story to get it on. I love this series and the world it sits in. Highly recommended to paranormal romance lovers who like a bit of kink and multiple men to one woman.

* I received this as an arc. No Review was required; I wrote one anyway 

Comments

Carol powney said…
Oooh, I’m off to get this. I love the Queen series.

By the way, if you like Arthurian legend try looking at C.N. Lesley. Post apocalyptic Avalon series. Intellince needed as quite complex but I bow down to brains that put these together.

Hope you’re well and doing good x

Popular Posts