Review: Keeping His Siren
Keeping His Siren by Kiersten FayMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
A woman with a voice who can seduce and lure men to their death. This immediately captures my attention as I love to read all mythical water related creatures. My first intro into the Creatures of Darkness series, this is a great one. I'm hooked within the first few pages of this book. I like Naia. She is a determined sister who is loyal to her brother and will do anything to save him. This places her in a difficult predicament. She needs to find a job with Cortez. For readers who have read the first three books in this series, they will have met Cortez briefly. This book can be read as a standalone as it contains nothing to further Coraline's story in the first three books.
In this fourth book, Ms. Fay's writing is improved. I noticed the difference in this story as it is more tightly written with more plot and character development. There is still a good amount of sexy time. The focus is instead on Naia and her goal to earn enough money to pay their debts. What she doesn't know is how she is being used as a pawn. This story had two plots going at once which I enjoyed. I won't say I was shocked by the second underlying thread. I will say I was pleasantly surprised how all the threads came together into a complete ending. Learning more about this world and the how the supernatural creatures interact helped make this more rich. I really enjoyed the Siren element. Ms. Fay did an excellent job of blending the needs of a siren into Naia's character.
From an erotic standpoint, Ms. Fay can crank up the heat. The sexual chemistry between Naia and Cortez is smoking hot. Their sexual interludes are delicious and just a spicy enough to capture my jaded attention. There is always a bit of dominance play when it comes to vampires and it works quite well in this story. This paranormal romance is recommended to erotic readers who enjoy watching the sparks fly between a siren and her vampire.
*provided by NetGalley

Comments
Kiersten Fay
https://www.facebook.com/KierstenFay/