Review: No Safewords 2
No Safewords 2 by Laura AntoniouMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Fans of Market Place will want to read this anthology. When I first started to read kink, The Market Place Trilogy was a classic that ever kinkster read and fantasized about. I remember fantasying about Chris. Twenty-two years later, I still remember Chris and I'm transported back to that feeling of newest and romance of kink. For that, I thank Ms. Antoniou for reviving my submissive desires again.
I do not normally comment on a book foreword; I felt the need for this one. For those who normally skip over the foreword, do not. It is worth the read and sets the tone for this romantically kinky collection. The reveal at the end may be common knowledge to others, for me it was a pleasant surprise. I digress.
I enjoyed most of the stories of this anthology. The first one started out with a bang and my arouse immediately shot through the roof. Whilst I am a Sherlock Holmes fan, the latest BBC iteration with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are the characters I visualize in this first story. I have never come across author S. Daithi. Now I must find more and see what other tantalizing erotica can be found.
After a while some of the stories are hard to keep straight who wrote which ones. The ones that stood out for me were ones I either really enjoyed or could have done without. For example, I liked the ending of Rain Dog but the characters themselves did not do it for me. I'm reader who does rate books based on how much I enjoyed it. And this is directly influenced by if I liked the main character or not. I did not like the female in this rain dog because she was so conceited. She even called herself a sex goddess in her inner dialog. Not interested.
Then there were ones like the vampire one mixed with a cutter. Now this one caught my attention because having a cutter mixed with a vampire works so well. I really enjoyed this one. Just as I enjoyed the male slave who was dedicating this life to his boyfriend James, only to have James die before his training completed. I loved this one because the slave (his name escapes me) felt so undeserving because of his own self image problems. He's older, not as physically fit and he has so much talent. He doesn't understand how desirable he comes across. I felt sorrow for him and was so glad that he found his owners.
What it comes down to, is this collection is all about matching to the slave to the right fit of an owner. I liked how each author approached their special fit. I liked how each story is unique with it's own flavour... including vanilla. I liked how one of the stories showed how a man is not exactly comfortable with the BDSM lifestyle yet he appreciates and understands it works for some. He even go so far as to train a former military man who is struggling with his civilian life. Then he passes this submissive on to the Trainers. Loved it.
How can I forget two which stands out because of tentacle sex and an O-Ren vibe? The paranormal one with a pixie and a tentacle shifter... that one pulls me in and I wanted so much more. It isn't the usual take on the tentacle sex and I liked how the author twisted it around. Very hot! The O-Ren vibe is more of a male who takes an Asianish looking woman and turns her into the ultimate boardroom weapon. I must confess, I kind of wish I was the slave to have been molded into this way. I would have loved it.
Lastly, a femdom one with a wife as the owner and the husband as a slave... so delicious. I felt as if my secret (or not so secret) fantasies came to life on the pages of this book. This is a decadent addition to the Marketplace world. This book is highly recommended to erotic readers with an eclectic taste in kink.
*provided by NetGalley

Comments