Review: Worth the Risk

Worth the Risk Worth the Risk by Zara Cox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is WORTH the READ. Zara Cox is a name easy to remember and for some odd reason, I wait to read her books. I see her name and I immediately want to pick it up and then I sit on it. I have no idea why. This book is a great read and I snarfed it down like a famine victim. I loved it.

This romance is pretty stereotypical. Boy and Girl and both burned from relationship and after years of being hurt, they are maybe ready to seek new love. Normally this would be a yawn plot for me. The difference here is that the characters are written in a way that are both appealing and draws me in. Ms. Cox's writing style, specifically how she creates her characters is especially appealing to me. I liked Leonie. She is a woman with a goal and she is firm in decisions. Her sexual confidence is so sexy. Her solid self-esteem is refreshing to see. Instead of being cowed or butt hurt by a man's opinion, she lets it roll off her back and gives it right back. Leonie is the kind of character I admire.

Gideon on the other hand is a bad boy who I'm not sure is worth the trouble. It took me a bit to warm up to him. He is hung on a past filtered through a narrative he created in his head. He makes a grave mistake and it cost him years. It takes a woman, Leonie to wake him up and realize he's been a fool. Their shared experience and different responses to it is interesting to see. The contrasts makes for a good story. It isn't that one way is better than another. It's that they are different and one person's decisions caused more harm than necessary. That is life. I like how Ms. Cox creates flawed characters who have room to grow. This new series has me hooked and I want to read every single one of them.
This book is highly recommended to erotic romance readers who enjoy alpha males and independent women.
*provided by Netgalley 

Comments

Popular Posts