Where did 2019 go?

#2019fliesby #somanyreviews #toolittletime

2019 DISAPPEARING BEFORE MY EYES

As I sit down and review the books I've read and haven't tracked in my spreadsheet or Goodreads, I realize we are almost at the end of June.  Which means 1/2 of the year has flown by.  I remember January being the longest month and grueling.  Work was going through a major transition.  I started out with lofty goals to once again return to daily reviews.  I read so many books, surely I could write the reviews, yes?  The answer is... apparently no.

February flew by and then we entered March where I unexpected went on several business trips back to back.  April came and I tried to catch up with work only to find that it was time to go on Holiday end of April.  I returned a week into May only to find out I SURVIVED DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!  Yes, I enjoyed my 10 days of downtime and I fortunately didn't bleed out of my orifices, vomit violent or nonstop projecting out of my posterior.  Best of all, no sudden heart attack or filling up my lungs to cause a terminal condition of... death.  All joking aside, I immediately swung back into work and went on a world wind of 2 weeks of business trips.  Before I knew it, May ended.

June was the month I determined to get back into the reviews and be all caught up.  As they say... the best of intentions.  I finish off this month with a couple of reviews and a sickening dread that I am 1/2 way through my year and my reviews are behind.  My readings are behind and I'm not sure what exactly happened.  Here's hoping to this week's business travel will give me some downtime to complete some book reviews.

How is your year going?

Comments

My year is also flying by! What the hell? At least we'll get to meet IRL. Yay!

Popular Posts