Review: Princess Takes Academy

Princess Takes Academy Princess Takes Academy by Joely Sue Burkhart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The youngest queen since Shara Isador is now seventeen going on seventy. Well, Xochitl thinks she's old enough. The cute adorable little girl who loves unicorns grew into a rather petulant tween. They do say pre-teens girls are so emotional and dramatic. I don't recall it being quite that bad for me, but I wasn't a blood queen. Xochitl's perception of how things happened is very different than others. Her singular focus to get back to her first blood, Keras is rather amusing until all sides of the story unfolds. It's wince worthy and sets up the new series focusing on Xochitl to start out dark and challenging.

Glimpsing a bit of Shara and her new state is delightful. The interaction between the two is sweet. I can't want to see what mischief Xochitl gets herself into at an Academy for "unwanted" and "orphaned" blood. She reminds me of a meme I once read, about throwing a girl into a pack of wolves and she ends up turning the wolves and leading the pack. Can't wait to see who she chooses for her blood.

*I received an advanced copy  

Comments

Popular Posts