Review: Her Mate and Master

Her Mate and Master@reneeroseauthor better late than never?  #bookreview #kinky #recommended
Her Mate and Master by Renee Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Why did I wait so long to read this book and then review it? I picked this up because I like the author. I'm used to her kinky stories and thought I'd try her sci-fi/space opera one. I have to admit, it was gloriously enjoyable. This story can be read as a standalone. Fair warning, it may cause a reader to then look for the rest of the series and read it all.

Talia is a determined slave with a plan in mind. She is going to free herself. The story starts out with a bang as she tries to escape. Whilst she has the will and determination, she does not exactly have the way. As in, her plan is not exactly as thought out as she thinks. Luckily for her, she meets Tomis. Tomis has a slightly ulterior motive to save her which quickly becomes apparent in the story.

The pace of this story is a gentle rolling up and down in a smooth cadence. The story seduces a reader and transports them to an alien yet familiar type world. Ms. Rose does a nice job of creating enough differences for sci-fi readers to enjoy whilst keeping enough of the familiar for sci-fi lite readers to understand. The tie for romance readers is most likely the delicious kinky scenes. It isn't a Ms. Rose tale if someone's tail isn't being punished! I enjoyed every lash and discipline. This erotica space opera is recommended to kinky readers who enjoy aliens and maledom.

*provided by NetGalley  

Comments

Popular Posts