Review: Picture Perfect Cowboy

Picture Perfect Cowboy Picture Perfect Cowboy by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A cowboy, floggers, ropes and camera… what could possibly go wrong? Full disclosure, I didn't read the blurb. All I saw was Ms. Reisz and it is an automatic read for me. I loved this book even when I was a bit leery of the cowboy theme. I must be one of the few females who have little interest in cowboys or themes with cowboys in them. I love the meme's "save a horse, ride a cowboy" but it just doesn't appeal to me. After reading Picture Perfect Cowboy, I can completely understand the attraction.

For readers who are familiar with the Original Sinner series, this lovely addition in the same world will tide you over until the Priest finally comes out. For those who have never read the Original Series, this can be read as a standalone. In addition, it is a delicious gateway into the kinkier world of Original Sinners.

When it comes to kink, Ms. Reisz is close to perfect. Perfect in that her scenes are realistic and can be done in real life. Perfect in the romantic way that a submissive or a dominant hopes a partner can be. With Jason, he's a dominant who suppresses his urges because he's been taught they are wrong. I enjoy newbie dominant stories. Jason learns about the lifestyle and experiments with an experience submissive, Simone. His life explodes into vibrant sensations which overwhelms him at times. Seeing the lifestyle anew from Jason's perspective gives me a warm fuzzy for when I first started. If only I had a Simone to guide me.

Simone is a delightful submissive who is comfortable with her sexuality. Her interactions with Jason come across authentic because there are ups and downs. Their chemistry is steaming hot. Their erotic scenes keep the heat on high and at times bubbles over. For readers who want to dip their feet into a bit more than the shallow end of the kink pool and yet not dive into the deep end yet, this book is perfect.

This story is more than just kink. It is about a sexual journey and growth usually applied to females. To see a young man open up and break the shackles of his past, it is a joy to read. Jason's guilt and confused feelings are valid and it's a pleasure to see how Simone supports him and lets him make his own decisions. This kinky romance is highly recommended to readers who want an erotic journey from a dominant male's perspective.

*provided by NetGalley 

Comments

Popular Posts