Review: Running Blind
@authorSEJakes welcome back. I missed your stories. Fantastic continuation of this series! #mustreadRunning Blind by S.E. Jakes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Could this be? This series is back in action? When I read the first book in this series, I enjoyed it. The author is a favourite of mine and I was just getting into motorcycle clubs. Fast forward four years and I'm delighted to see SE Jakes writing again! The hiatus may have seem long but it happened in a blink of an eye. Because SE Jakes is back in her groove. This continuation featuring Bram is a balls to the walls action packed tale.
The story is tightly written as I come to expect from SE Jakes. There is not an extra word added. Every scene flows smoothly into the next. Her descriptions are so vivid it is as if I am there. What appeals to me about her books is how she writes her characters and how graphic she can become. For readers who are sensation sluts like me, SE Jakes does a superb job at creating scenes in technicolor. All of my senses are involved and my emotions are heavily invested in the outcome. Her characters are flawed men who have to battle the world on many fronts. Whilst I can't sympathize with them, I can definitely empathize. SE Jakes puts her lead character through the wringer. I sometimes wonder if she even likes them. She puts them through so much pain. And this pain moves me and speaks to me because it convinces me that Bram is in the right and needs to take down the back stabbers.
Some readers may just classify this story as a motorcycle club erotica. Some may find it to be a bit too kinky. Others may label this just as another m/m romance. It is so much more. There is a riveting plot with well-developed characters who happen to gay. To relegate this story as just another m/m romance is an injustice. This is a hard hitting, gritty erotica where two men overcome insurmountable odds to be together. This book is highly recommended to kinky romance readers who love bad boys with hearts of gold.

Comments