Review: Bought For Marriage

Bought For Marriage Bought For Marriage by Fiona Davenport
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Surprisingly sweet, Ms. Davenport wooed me with this sexy short story. Usually Billionaire stories are predictable and eye rolling. I'm charmed by this one. This one is a romance I can easily see as a special on TV. It is heart warming and with a plausible plot.

Sullivan is a busy man and the last thing he needs is to get married. It is on his check list as part of his obligations. With added pressure from his loving mother, he goes with a match maker. He's sure nothing is to come of it but he can say tried.

Sullivan is not a bad guy. He is just sure of what he wants. And that is a wife in name only. No kids, no love, just the decoration to complete his image will suit him fine. I find myself overly amused when a guy sets himself up so ridgid that he will end up falling flat on his face.

Ms. Davenport is gifted in her storytelling. She weaves a sweet romance that grows over time. I enjoyed how this story wasn't an instant love. It was instant lust which I get. She compresses the story yet draws out the timeline so it becomes more believable. She does it in a way that is smooth. It is not easy to cut out time and keep the sensual tension going. It does add a bit of depth and builds this fake marriage into something a bit more.

Kinsley is a lovely woman who is loyal and biddable. She is not a pushover but she is easy to get along with and the perfect wife for Sullivan. She brings out the best in him. Their marriage grows into one of partnership.

There is something to be said for arranged marriages. This marriage and story is a winner. I enjoyed it enough that I want to read the rest in this series. Recommended to contemporary romance readers who love unlike love blooming. 

Comments

Popular Posts