Review: Lone Wolf's Attack

Lone Wolf's Attack (Wolf Point Academy Book 1)Lone Wolf's Attack by Bobbie Jo Hart

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


New to me author, Ms. Bobbie Jo Hart delights me and leaves me wanting more. I found this author through a trusted recommendation. I'm glad I picked up this book and read it. Mel is a female who is a wolf. But she can't shift. Because apparently female weres don't shift.

What I liked about this book is how Mel was raised. Many YA or NA paranormal books, the main character doesn't know anything about their background. Their parents "hide" information from them so that when a catastrophe event occurs, they are helpless nitwits. Ms. Hart does exactly what I had hope to see in a story. Her heroine, Mel is raised by a mother who loves her so much, that she prepares her daughter for the fight of her life. I loved this perspective.

I like that Mel is an angry person who rails at the injustice of her situation. Her bad attitude and chip on her shoulder creates a flawed character with room to grow. Her interactions with the secondary characters in this book are hostile and I find it amusing even if it isn't the best way to do it. She's making angry young female mistakes and its understandable. I like how she isn't perfect. I enjoy her snarky comments.

The world building is slowly revealed here and there. This is a variation of the werewolf mythos. I'm interested to see how Ms. Hart continues to develop this world. I eagerly look forward to the next book in the series. It can't come out soon enough! Recommended to YA and NA readers who like a BAMF female lead.



Comments

Popular Posts