Review: Domme Quixote

Domme QuixoteDomme Quixote by Lissa Trevor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I am always interested in how a domme will be written in a BDSM novel. Usually dommes are created to be cruel, sadistic man-haters. Dulcinea comes across this way on the surface, especially with the first scene. After the first chapter, I'm pulled in and I regret reading this book on my flight across the Atlantic. Why do I regret it? Because the BDSM scenes are so arousing that I wish I could have a little "me-time".

When it comes to BDSM scenes, Ms. Trevor does a fantastic job. The scenes both in private and at her exclusive club are well done. These scenes are more or less possible in real life. This tells me that either Ms. Trevor is in the lifestyle or she did a lot of research. I am leaning more towards real life experience.

What surprised me was not how Dulcinea treats Gino. It was how Gino responds to her. It is a very dangerous game she plays and I'm not sure I'd have the balls to do it. Whilst she is messing with Gino, she is really more interested in Alonso. The thing is, finding a male submissive in real life is not difficult. In fact, I can throw a rock in any direction and basically hit a submissive. But to find a submissive that is like Alonso? Not so easy to find. When it comes to Alonso who is not a submissive and more vanilla than not…, this is when it gets interesting. This erotic suspense needs to be experienced in privacy or at least a place which allows sexual shenanigans. The sexual heat in this tale is supernova. The erotic exchange between Dulcinea and Alonso is so good. This erotic novel is highly recommended to readers looking for a strong and caring domme.

*provided by NetGalley




Comments

Popular Posts