Review: Dirty Retaliation

Dirty Retaliation Dirty Retaliation by C.P. Mandara
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Deviant, depraved and delicious, Ms. Mandara delivers another dark erotica with a cliff hanger.  For those who have not read the Special Agent BDSM series, this one will probably throw you for a loop.  Whilst it could technically be read as a standalone, I recommend against it.  To get the full effect, it is recommended to read the entire Special Agent BDSM Series first.  And it probably helps to read the first book in this series.  Full disclosure, I only read this 2nd book and didn't read the first.  I also only read 3 of the 6 in the original series.  I admit to being a bit lost at times.

What are you going to get in this book?  Hawt, dirty sex with a heaping does of guilt and humiliation.  As I have confessed before, I can be bribed with sex.  The sex in here is non-con and at times a bit violent and abusive.  For those who have rape issues, don't read the book and don't give this book a bad review.  Move along.  For those who enjoy reading rough sex, this book is for your spank bank.  

The writing style is a bit jarring at times for me as this is a multiple POV with us jumping around.  I couldn't figure out at first why Adie kept calling the woman he kidnapped, Ione when she refers to herself as someone else.  I am betting if I read the first book I would have known.  It was pretty evident about a third of the way through the book what was going on.  

The main driver behind this specific story is all about Adie's desire to have Lois back with him.  For those who haven't read the original series, it may be confusing.  I remember Lois and Adie's interactions.  Since I didn't read the last couple of books, I'm a bit surprised by the turn of the events.  It appears, James is still the same and the tug o'war between the two men still carries on.  Unfortunately for both, they are not on the same page and once again, women suffer due to the incompetency of men.  

This dark erotica is recommended for readers who like non-con and understand that kinky sex may not always be safe sex.


*I voluntarily reviewed this arc 


Comments

Popular Posts