Review: The Priest

The Priest
#ThePriest #NetGalley @8thcirclepress #bookreview #mustread #buyitnow
The Priest by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my crushed heart... I finally read this book in June and it took me months to process it.  I loved it.  Buy this book now.  This is not a standalone.  When it comes to moving, emotional and twisted love, Ms. Reisz is a maestro.  She plays with my emotions so well and my song of lament is wailing and pitiful as I sob my way through the last half of this story.

I absolutely loved the stunning conclusion to this series.  When it comes to one of the best erotic series written, Ms. Reisz's Original Sinner series is in the top 3 for me. Every single one of her stories in this world she's created is amazing.  She blindsides me more oft than not and I hurt so badly for the characters.  

Will Nora and Søren ever get their happily ever after?  I really thought they had it.  Nora is submissive to both Søren and Kingsley and yet she can switch and domme Kingsley if need be... as well as be the lover to Kingsley's son.  Yeah, don't ask, just go with the flow.  Still, it seems as if everything is well balanced until a priest commits suicide and has a card, an old business card of Nora's. 

I'm baffled and wonder if we are entering the suspense genre.  Perhaps this will take us in a new direction of murder mysteries with a kink?  No, I am quickly disabused of this conjecture as about half way through the book, the foreshadowing of a "witch" makes me super nervous.  The dread is now congregating like a big rock in the pit of my stomach.  Because losing Søren would just slay me.  

When the mystery is solved, I'm all over the place with messy emotions.  The damage done between Nora and Søren is heartbreaking.  I understand Nora's perspective, I really do.  But I feel like Søren has done everything he could with this very headstrong teenage Nora.  A Nora who needs to take ownership of her own action and her decisions.  She chased after Søren even after he did as much as he could to allow her to grow up.  I feel like Nora is being unfair to Søren and yet I can understand her questioning.  Sometimes in life, there are no good answers and people get hurt.  Viewing history can change a person's perspective even if they were in the thick of things when the events occurred. 

When it comes to the erotic aspect... wow.  The BDSM is intense and amazing.  To have a kink relationship with Søren is going full in with no safety rails or net.  I love it.  Everything about Søren is amazing for me.  His intelligence, his sexuality, his empathy and his discipline are all out of this world.  

Is this the end for these much loved characters?  I am not sure.  The ending is bittersweet as is with most of Ms. Reisz's novels.  I hope we still receive a spin-off standalone or little novellas returning to see how life is after all of this.  This BDSM erotic novel is highly recommended to readers who love to be emotionally engage and adore rough sex. 

* provided by Netgalley

Comments

Popular Posts