Review: Unholy Union

Unholy Union Unholy Union by Natasha Knight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When it comes to the Organized Crime, they never a slight.  When the slight is a bit bigger with a death in the family, well, things get a bit worse.  For Cristina, one moment in time cost her pretty much everything.  She did nothing to deserve this nor did she contribute to it.  But you know what the say... paying for the sins of your father.  Apparently it is still a thing which Cristina finds out on her 18th birthday.

This duet of books is aimed at New Adults readers who like a bit of edge and forbidden.  There isn't any rape or kinky sex.  There is smoldering looks and implied threats which can be just as sexy.  Cristina is a girl thrown into a world she least expected. She responds a bit better than one would think an 18 year old pumped with hormones would do.  Luckily for her, Damian is not quite the devil he comes across as.

I am mixed about where this story will go.  It could be the way Ms. Knight wrote this story, but I tend to want to side with Damian.  He is sexy, powerful and protective.  He uses his strength because he needs to in order to keep those protected.  He is all alone.  I like him.  I wonder about his absent brother.  And I wonder about his idiot sister.  His father should be shot.  I'm all invested in Damian and hope it works out for him.  Cristina ... she is a bit bland and boring for me.  But what can you expect from a sheltered 18 year old?  

It will be interesting to see what happens in the second book of this duology.  Recommended for New Adult readers who like it a bit dark and brooding. 

* I received a copy for an honest review

 

Comments

Popular Posts