Review: Wicked S.O.B.

Wicked S.O.B. Wicked S.O.B. by Zara Cox
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

@mayablake #bookreview #erotica #NetGalley

Let's end 2020 with a BANG.  Wicked S.O.B is a novella aiming to arouse the reader.  I must admit, the first chapter of the book, I thought perhaps I made a mistake and I wasn't going to like the book.  I find that odd because most of Ms. Cox's stories are unapologetically sex filled with alpha males.  Quinn starts of the book with a whiny mea culpa.  This is not what I exactly expect of Quinn, but I guess it is to expose his vulnerable side since he is seeing therapist after therapist.  

After a couple of chapters, the book gets better with Elyse and Quinn going off in primal rough sex.  Some of it is faded to black, others are sensual filled foreplay.  Overall, this book is probably about 40% sex, 10% plot and 40% therapy.  The therapy is a bit much for me and I could have done without it.  The added stalker subplot is different and felt a bit out of place.  The quick resolution of the stalker issue is a bit anticlimactic.

What would have liked to see instead is Elyse and Quinn building their relationship with Elyse's sister and finally getting to know each other better through something other than carnal interaction.  Although I admit, the sex is hawt.  I specifically liked the different role playing.  Essentially, this short novella seemed to try to go in too many directions which left for a slight chaotic and less than tight story.  

This story is recommended for Quinn lovers who wants to see him again, in his full glory.


*provided by NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts